Ripple Effect

A journal of memories, impressions, ideas and mistakes.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Short letter. Sweet letter. I had sent him a bundle of letters, as was my wont, I believe, as I would write them and then not get around to sending them. He says, "Your one letter has an effect on me equal to one of your smiles. Imagine, then, your 3 letters' effect - nearly a laugh."

If any wonder why I keep these letters, they are the only love letters I have ever received. From someone who really loved me. I have received other letters, of course, many full of affection, but they were not true love letters. These are my love letters, and I am lucky to have them. When I am feeling sorry for myself, I should remember: I am one of the lucky ones who once received true love letters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home