Ripple Effect

A journal of memories, impressions, ideas and mistakes.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I must be acting up some, and getting some flack for it at school - damn! I wish he'd sent my letters back, so I would have some clue as to what the hell I was doing. Something extraordinarily selfish, I presume. But I'm not making eyes at anyone else as yet - that doesn't happen until the next semester - but enough of that for right now. There is still a year as yet to go before I really screw things up. Well, actually 6 months, but a year before I fly the coop.

"As for [what other people say] and what I think of their hypocritical views concerning your actions: let them be damned! But do not think you cannot be hurt by them. No one is that strong. I'm not saying that you would have any trouble, but...please conform somewhat. Watch your step and...then fug' em. Laugh at them, but don't judge them too harshly; they mean well. Be good, and don't be too eager, 'cause dammit, you scare me sometimes with your recklessness and seemingly lack of foresight."

Well, kid, I split before you could see exactly how reckless and stupid I could be. I know, you didn't call me stupid. I did.

Signs of early feminism: "I want you to understand that when I make certain demands upon you from time to time that I do not and cannot expect you follow them unquestioningly. Our relationship is not based upon such an arrangement and I feel it will not succeed if we were to be demanding and dominating in our interrelations."

I did, however, have a way to go before I could regard simple suggestions as anything other than an attempt at domination. I fought the silliest things for far too long a time. I can't even remember what they were, but I know I was always fighting against something for too many years to remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home