Ripple Effect

A journal of memories, impressions, ideas and mistakes.

Monday, January 17, 2005

He's gone to see "One-Two-Three", a film directed by Billy Wilder and starring James Cagney. This came out in 1961. I'm thinking, when I was a young woman, there were still new Jimmy Cagney movies. I must tell my friend, Kevin, when he calls later today (as he does nearly everyday since he got out of prison). He loves Jimmy Cagney movies. He can do impressions. Well, this will impress him.

"Monday and Tuesday I fire for record at the special range called 'Ditto Hill'. On this range we are tested on our ability to detect and kill targets. Lots of fun. Today we got our gas masks. Another toy to play war with."

A cute little paragraph about baby names. I'm not certain what set this off, but he tells me not to consider any names like Jana or Elizabeth. "How the other boys would kid him" he says. As it turns out, he had all boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home