Ripple Effect

A journal of memories, impressions, ideas and mistakes.

Monday, February 14, 2005

A postcard. A nice covered bridge in Switzer, KY. "All the others were pictures of war machinery or battle scenes" He says he should write, "Having a great time. The weather is fine. Wish you were here." But it's not true, except for the last line. Toot sweet.

Today is my 62nd birthday. It's Valentine's Day, 2005. Just got my new driver's license. It doesn't expire until 2010, which looks like a date so far in the future.......

I doubt if anyone is still out there, but in case you are, I believe I will take a brief hiatus until I return from Turkey. I have to finish the damned novel, and I have three and a half chapters left to go and less than two weeks. That's much more exciting anyway, since right now the gang is being pursued through the north woods by the Homelanders and a crazy old man bent on revenge. Got this beat by a mile. Plus I have a little more shopping, packing, and house organizing and bill paying and so on and so forth...I could go on and on, but I won't.

We shall return to the days of yesteryear upon my return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home