Ripple Effect

A journal of memories, impressions, ideas and mistakes.

Friday, February 11, 2005

A partial notelet from the fiancee's mother saying she has invited me up for "Thanksgiving and Santa Claus". I think I went. I remember snuggling with him in his own bed, and being afraid someone would catch us, but he wasn't worried. I liked his parents. They drank. Mine didn't. When I say that, I mean that they drank socially. I remember having some creme' de menthe and some kind of liquour that came in a tall tapering bottle - an amber color, as I recall. Very good.

Toward the bottom of the page she says that "Nancy was married last Saturday. Dad gave her away, as her Father and Mother disowned her. She came back today. We left her have a few days off." I don't remember that story, if I ever knew it. She must have worked at the hardware store. She must have been pregnant.

"Next weekend. Phesant Season..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home