Ripple Effect

A journal of memories, impressions, ideas and mistakes.

Friday, November 12, 2004

Another Christmas card, from someone whose name I vaguely remember, but can't picture at all. The card itself, a ghost of a Christmas spirit with a top hat, red scarf and candy cane - sort of like Topper (anybody remember Topper?) doesn't actually inspire me, so where do I go from here?

Well, let's catch up on the present. Sort of. Election day. I was precinct captain for a day for my precinct and the one next door to root out the Democratic vote. I rooted it out three times that day on foot and a couple of times by telephone. We still don't have a governor, but the "Fightin' 46th", as my legislative district calls its website, came through for Kerry. They haven't published the precinct numbers yet. Still a lot of absentee and provisional ballots being counted. I am lucky enough to live in Jim (Michael Moore's favorite congressman) McDermott's district. That fact alone makes me reluctant to move.

In the meantime, election recovery aside, I still haven't finished the goddam novel and one of my best friends has leukemia and one of my cats has thyroid problems and my ex-boyfriend is living on my couch.

On the bright side, it's only 35 minutes until a Stargate SG1 rerun, a new Andromeda - oh, hell, just a whole bunch of stuff on the SciFi channel. Goddess bless TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home