Ripple Effect

A journal of memories, impressions, ideas and mistakes.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Now why on earth would I have a supply of name tags for my brother Randy? Yes, here they are, printed on white cloth ribbon, Randall Bates, all ready to be cut up and sewn into clothing, as we used to do in the old days when we went off to camp or school. My mother did, anyway. Heaven only knows how this supply got in here. Was I supposed to sew some in for him? And didn't do it? That would be so like me. Maybe I should mail them to him???

Raining today, but still too warm for fires. Leaving for Minnesota in one week to help Joan in the 'rent's house. Perhaps I will be able to ship the spinning wheel back here. Perhaps there are the old Norwegian Bible, catechism, and other pictures and things that I can have for my kids. Perhaps not.

The third debate will be the night I arrive. The second - I will attend tonight with Richard Brender, my politico buddy, at a gay/lesbian lounge at the base of Capitol Hill. I will have new hiking boots from R.E.I. in hand. Something tells me that, arch support notwithstanding, my sandals will not be appropriate for Minnesota hikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home