Ripple Effect

A journal of memories, impressions, ideas and mistakes.

Thursday, June 03, 2004

8.28.62 Company B, Troop Command. US Army REception Station Fort Knox

(Why I have this, I don't know.) Apparently, it's something from his first day in the Army. It's a permit stating that he "is authorized to visit the PX and theaters in the US Army Reception Station area only.... (Identification Card)and military clothing have not been issued. Oh, it's a temporary privilege permit. He either wanted a movie or cigarettes - probably both. I think he smoked Camels. There were no filters on Camels in those days.

A letter from Dorothy - the woman I "squealed on" and who seems intent on making a friend of me and my roommate. January of 1963, she is begging me to come for her "capping ceremony." I know I didn't go. I hope I wrote her back. Going into the wayback machine like this reminds me forcefully of promises I never made, but wish I had kept anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home