Ripple Effect

A journal of memories, impressions, ideas and mistakes.

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Whew! A wedding invitation pops up. Since it's in an envelope addressed to my fiancee', I thought for a moment it may have been a sample invite to our wedding. I don't think we got that far. I don't think. I know we got engaged, and there was an announcement in the paper, but ...... it was not a good time for me. I've blocked it. I don't know who these people are. I hope they're happy.

The weekend - wonderful. Writer's group on Saturday - they really like my first two chapters. Chapters 3 and 4 are on the table for next time. I'm working on the rewrite of Chapter 6. Should be done by the end of the summer.

My friend Kip in the hospital with a torn esophagus (from years of hacking after bong hits, apparently) and a stomach full of putrifying blood. I looked at him with tears in my eyes and invoked the names of Charlie, Doc and Jacques. Don't go there, I said. He looked thin and worn. I remember the tall husky way too handsome long-haired hippie dude who could knap flint and throw atlatls. He was a male sugar mag. Swear to goddess.

Nisqually: Wilson's phalerope, western tanager, mother merganser with six little red-headed mergansers, one otter on the mud flats, five otters playing in the river. Most of the other usual suspects at large. Beautiful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home