Ripple Effect

A journal of memories, impressions, ideas and mistakes.

Friday, May 04, 2007

He and a buddy have just gotten back from Louisville. He says he took the advice of a "bumper banner," "Choice - not chance; Go AWOL!" Nothing much to say about it - they had a bit of a bother ducking the MP's getting off the base, and he snuck a bottle of I.W. Harper's back with him. I haven't even heard of that for years - must still be out there - a very good bourbon, I believe.

Wish I could think of something profound to say about it, but nothing is coming. The bluebells and forget-me-nots are blooming in my garden. I'm planting the geraniums I bought a couple of days ago - have lots of pansies to put in, and herbs which I will try to plant in the swale the city created in front of my house a couple of years ago. There's too much shade in the backyard for anything but potted plants. The begonia tubers I tried to take over the winter in a box of coarse sand didn't make it - so spent too much money buying two new large blooming plants, but they will last all summer.

My house needs scarlet begonias. It already has a touch of the blues. It's painted old blue, and I'm blue from sciatica, which was actually not quite as crippling this morning. Walking around normally in almost no time.

I keep picking the same Tarot cards over and over - the six of wands (triumph) and the 8 of swords (obstructions made by oneself).

I have too much to do and no time to do it in, but that's normal. I wish I could go AWOL. I wish I drank. No, actually I don't wish any of those things. I like all the stuff I have to do. I just with I didn't feel as if time were running out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home