Ripple Effect

A journal of memories, impressions, ideas and mistakes.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Okay. I read the first one. Apparently, I am totally in love with him (I even "darling" him). Much later in life, I had one boyfriend who had to put some thought into exactly which affectionate name he could bring himself to call me, and finally settled on "darlin'. Nobody "darliings" with a straight face anymore, not without a Country and Western accent, anyway.

My roommate is in love as well, and I say we are listening to Ferrante and Teicher, "Love Themes." I Googled them - barely remember the names - and can find almost no actual information except the hint that perhaps they were responsible for the recording of "Exodus."

A little later, I say I am listening to "Rhapsody in Blue." Probably still F&T. I do exclaim "Aaaargh!" as if this stuff is just too sentimental - but I probably liked it. This is November 10, 1962, 13 days before I meet him in Louisville, and I tease him about being a "sexretary." He's a clerk in the Army, remember? Pretty obvious what's on my mind. But I loved him, no doubt about it.

"Sometimes I think I'm going to wake up and find that you've been nothing but a wondeful dream! Please - don't ever forget I'm waiting for you."

I meant it, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home