Ripple Effect

A journal of memories, impressions, ideas and mistakes.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Is it illegal to read someone else's mail? Even though it's been 45 years, already opened, and left somehow in your possession? Even though the sender is almost certainly dead? Even though the biggest news it contains are bowling scores?

Just asking.

I think I'm opening this peripheral stuff putting off the time that I deal with the small collection of my own letters - letters I wrote 45 years ago - of which there seem to be a small collection. Reading his letters, I have been able to invent states of mind that I don't really remember. Beginning tomorrow (or whenever I get around to it), I deal with snippets of my actual state of mind in 1962/63. 19/20 years old I was. Idealistically ignorant. How much, I cannot tell you. I wince to think of it.

But I will go there. Tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home