Ripple Effect

A journal of memories, impressions, ideas and mistakes.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

November 12, 1962. A naughty little boy cartoon with the adage, "Keep Smiling!! It makes people wonder whaat you've been up to." He must buy this stuff on the base. Military humor? No. Just the same silly shit we see today. But it's another love letter. He says he could just keep writing "I love you" ad infinitum, but is afraid I would get bored, and says he actually doesn't want to do that, because "I would never stop using these letters to scribble my inspired esseys (sic) to someone who reads them, and still more remarkable, answers them with some sort of intelligence."

The kind of letter that makes me wonder once again, why did I ever leave this guy? Didn't I know I would never meet anyone like him ever again? He loves me, he finds me necessary to his life, he thinks I'm intelligent. "...you are far too valuable to me...to risk losing by flooding you with an endless stream of stagnant copy."

I had another love who was as, if not even more, intelligent than Larry.

But he did not love me in the same way.

Why didn't I know that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home