Ripple Effect

A journal of memories, impressions, ideas and mistakes.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

A photograph of my best friend in high school - Lydia. A genuinely pretty girl. She has short curly brown hair, I believe she had blue or hazel eyes, a heart-shaped face, and a lovely smile. She sent me a sympathy card recently on the death of my mother. I don't remember if I posted it here or not, but if not, here it is:

"We were sorry to hear of your Mom's Death. I've been thinkng of us - upstairs in your bedroom - lying on the be and talking - talking and our long walks home from High School. Your Mom always looked a little tired and always in the kitchen. She had prettysmile and I always felt welcome...."

The "we" is her and her husband, Dave, her high school sweetheart. Some good things last.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home