Ripple Effect

A journal of memories, impressions, ideas and mistakes.

Friday, February 06, 2004

A couple more Christmas cards from people I don't remember at all - and one from someone I think I do. At least, if it's from the Jim I remember, it's the kind of Christmas card he would send. He'd probably even send one like it today. I was in touch with him around the time of my 40th high school reunion. He's a nonrepentent 1950's Republican, with a snide little smirk of a smile and an even more inappropriate sense of humor than I have. The Christmas card? (and how many of these could they sell today?) Well, it's got a rifle leaning against a wall next to a red hunting cap, and two quite dead stuffed grouse hanging upside down beneath a lovely pine wreath with red holly berries (accenting the red hunting cap, no doubt). The message purports "To wish (me) a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year." Uh huh! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home